Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Best Day Of My Life

 







The day my son was born was the best of all my days.

I have never felt better in my life.
I remember being so nervous and worried, so anxious,
waiting for the big day.
Then when I saw him come into the world,
so tiny, so perfect,
It was the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed.
Nothing else could even come close.
I was so proud of my wife and so happy for her too.
I saw that baby for the first time,
and everything just changed.
Talk about love at first sight!
I remember feeling so happy that I was floating.
I called all my brothers and a few friends,
and just beamed over the phone to them,
even though it was in the wee hours of the morning,
I remember my Father-in-law in the waiting room, congratulating me and laughing at how goofy I was acting, telling me to calm down.

As I floated down the corridor to go home,
I walked by this little room they have set up as a chapel.
I got a few steps beyond the door, stopped dead in my tracks, turned around and walked back in.

I knelt down and thanked God.
Never so happy or grateful in my life.

As I drove home with tears streaming down my face,
it started snowing.
I slowed down, and drove home very carefully,
reminding myself that I was someone's dad now,
and smiling at the thought of it.









This song is dedicated to my boy... [click here to listen]




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments! I LOVE to hear what you say!