Friday, June 12, 2009

The Skunk Epic. A True Story. Chapter 3


CHAPTER THREE - THE CAPTURE:

I slept well last night. I got up this morning, very early, and looked out the window. Something was moving in the trap... not a possum this time!
I had captured my enemy! The terrorist had been confined! A black skunk witha big fluffy white tail was munching on the sardines in the trap.
It would be his last meal.

I ran upstairs and put on some old clothes, and prepared myself for the execution. I went down cellar and turned on the water to the hose outside.
The hose had been previously run, into a large blue plastic bucket, in my driveway, two steps away from the trap.
I then got an old blanket and went outside. Holding the blanket up as a shield, I slowly walked towards my dangerous prisoner. I threw the blanket over the trap, picked up the trap, and carefully placed it in the bucket of water. Then I got the hell out of there.

By now, Katie was up, and we both looked out the window at the bucket.
That's when the smell came.
I took a shower. I threw my old clothes down cellar.

At 6:30 am, Peppe the skunk was officially pronounced dead. I rushed to work, a little late but victorious.

I left Peppe' floating, motionless in his watery death chamber.
I considered a short memorial service to be held in the afternoon, VERY SHORT, due to the smell.
Peppe's body would be double bagged and dispersed to a secret locationn used for terrorists.
This was a victory in the battle against odiforous terrorism for Wright Street, but I knew that the war was not over.
Constant vigilance is needed, for all of us to breathe freely.


...To Be Continued....in chapter 4, "The Aftermath."

See Chapter 4 in the Blog Menu on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments! I LOVE to hear what you say!