Sunday, May 31, 2009

Normal. ?

I know the feeling of the brain that wont shut off... especially late at night.
I envy people who can just decide to sleep, and then do it.
I keep a pad of paper by the bed and often write in complete darkness.
The next morning, when I read it, I'm either disappointed, elated, or confused by what I've written, or else I can't read it at all.
I have notebooks full of that stuff.
I have always kept a small recorder near me in case I get an idea. I have drawers full of tapes that I'll never listen to.
In a closet upstairs, I have boxes of note books I've scribbled in.
Most of it is pure shit, but every now and then i know I have something.
Someday, when I kick off, somebody will go through all that crap, and they'll confirm the fact that I'm out there where the buses don't run.
That's okay with me.
I'm very glad to be a musician and a songwriter. I couldn't be normal if I tried.
To me it would be an insult to be called normal.

Lot's of people are normal.
I'm a musician.
That's all I ever wanted to be.

I like that better than being normal,

and I have no choice anyways

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments! I LOVE to hear what you say!