Sunday, May 31, 2009

Practical Jokes In bands

In 1980 I played in a rock band called The Night People.
We bought another bus and went out to Connecticut a lot for some reason.
These guys were heavily into practical jokes.
One night while I was passed out, they took my shoes and socks off and painted my feet black with liquid shoe polish.
I woke up with a "Please Kill Me," hangover, jumped into the shower, looked down at my black feet and let a screech outta me.
I thought I had a disease.
It took me hours of scrubbing to get the black off my feet, and I began planning my revenge.I hopped in the bus and went to the store.

I bought 6 tubes of super glue and 3 packages of hot dogs.

I waited for my bandmates to borrow the bus to go out for more beer. Then while they were gone, I went to work.
I cut the hot dogs into inch long pieces, and carefully placed a piece of a hot dog into every pocket of every piece of clothing they owned.
Then I began super gluing everything they owned to whatever surface it was resting on.
I superglued their shoes to the floor, their matches to their cigarettes,the lid to their coolers shut.
I glued their deodorant to the table. Etc Etc...
After the big "Get Even," I thought it was over.

It wasn't.

They got water balloons and greeted me with a total bombardment when I came into my room.
I borrowed a key to their room from the front desk. The wall switch turned on the wall plug, where the lamp plugged in. I knew that.

So I set up a flash bomb with a massive dose of flash powder, and waited. the band often used flash bombs in our act.

When they came home they flicked the switch and got knocked on their asses by the explosion, which set all the alarms off in the hotel.
The management was not happy with us.
Then they saw the damage that the water balloons had done, and they threw us out.

We got a new hotel.
The next day, While they were all asleep I changed all their watches and clocks 4 hours ahead.
Then I woke them up and told them they were late for the gig.

They all started taking showers and ironing as fast as they could to get ready for the gig.
When It was just about time to leave, I pretended to be pissed at them for being late, and took off in the bus without them.

I went to the pet store and bought two gerbils and a habit trail.

I brought the gerbils into the hotel room and told them that I'd decided not to go to the gig. That I would stay in my room with my gerbils.

They thought I'd lost my F*cking mind.
I let it all go on till gig time, and they looked very worried and confused, and then I told them what I had done with the clocks.
We all laughed our asses off for a while, and they promised never to screw around with me again.


The next day they filled my shoes with cool whip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments! I LOVE to hear what you say!