Thursday, June 4, 2009

Scrabble - Another Crazy Band Story


One time down in Springfield back in the early eighties, we were staying at this big old run down hotel.
Outside the hotel was a big sign which faced the highway.
Thousands of people read this sign every day.

It had removable letters
, BIG REMOVABLE LETTERS.
The sign said
ALL YOU CAN EAT BREAKFAST HERE!
(in big removable letters)

After a gig one night, my drummer said, "Ooh! I got an idea!
Let me stand on your shoulders!"
So I did.
He got up on my shoulders and took all the letters off the sign.

Then he spread the letters out on the hood of a car and played scrabble with them.
He got back on my shoulders and put the letters back up.

Here;s what we read the next morning and for three more days before they finally changed it:




HEY BALLFACE!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments! I LOVE to hear what you say!