Thursday, June 4, 2009

South Carolina Emergency Room

Fate leads me into some funny circumstances.
These things can only happen to me.
I was not hurt or sick, but without going into the reason why, I found myself in South Carolina on Saturday night, waiting for a cab, in front of the emergency room of hospital.
I was pissed off because I didn't want to be there, waiting for that cab, which was late.

I was there a long time.
The people who came in and out of the emergency room though... they were very interesting.
I saw people bleeding, and people who got carried in unconscious.
I saw babies crying, and drunk people staggering around yelling. I saw an old woman in a wheel chair who didn't know where she was.
But the most astonishing and funniest thing was a conversation I heard.

Three kids about 16 years old with heavy heavy southern accents. One kid was big and fat, about 16 years old, wearing a straw fishing hat with the ends poking out all over the place like huck Finn. The next kid -skinny as a rail with a straw cowboy hat and feathers on it, and this little kid who must have been about 10. He looked pretty normal.
Here's the conversation;
Fat Kid: "Oooooh is she gonna be mad atchyooo!"
Cowboy kid: "Why the hell should she be mad at me? I didn't tell him to eat it!"
Normal kid: "I cain't believe he didn't spit it out!"
Fat Kid: "Well he's the crazy ass who ate it!"
Cowboy kid: "It ain't mah fault! I didn't make him eat it!"
Fat kid: "She is gonna be so pissed atchyoo!"
Normal kid: "I really thought he was gonna spit it out... cain't believe he ate it!"
The cab came. I got in.
I have no idea what the hell that was all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments! I LOVE to hear what you say!